Clinical Evidence and Data Resources
ESP has developed a catalog of COVID-19 evidence reviews conducted by evidence synthesis groups in the U.S. and around the world to maximize the collective contributions of all those responding to the pandemic.
Leveraging evidence to transform healthcare
Advancing enterprisewide capacity to use evidence to solve practical healthcare problems is essential to accelerating systemwide care improvements. HSR&D resource centers – VIReC and ESP – are supporting VA investigators and clinical leadership in using VA data and research evidence to enhance research and quality improvement efforts across VA.
VA Information Resource Center
HSR&D’s VA Information Resource Center (VIReC) provides information about the content, structure, and utility of VA data to support research and quality improvement efforts.
Check out VIReC’s website to learn more about the center and the resources it provides for VA data users.
Evidence Synthesis Program
HSR&D’s Evidence Synthesis Program (ESP) provides timely syntheses of the medical literature for translation into clinical practice. Check out ESP’s website for a range of products, from rapid review evidence briefs to systematic reviews.
VIReC Resources for QUERI Investigators
Select VIReC resources supporting the use of data for VA implementation and evaluation initiatives.
- Partnered Research Cyberseminar Series
- Database & Methods Cyberseminar Series
- Data Access for Operations & Quality Improvement Projects
- vhadataportal.med.va.gov/DataAccess/OperationsAccess.aspx (Intranet only)
- Quick Guide: Resources for Using VA Data
- virec.research.va.gov/Toolkit/QG-Resources-for-Using-VA-Data.pdf (Intranet only)
- Data Issues Brief
- virec.research.va.gov/DIB/Overview.htm (Intranet only)