QUERI Strategic Plan
Transforming Veteran care by accelerating evidence into practice
Welcome to the 2021-2025 QUERI Strategic Plan! The 2021-2025 QUERI Strategic Plan provides a roadmap for implementation of QUERI’s priorities at the frontline level. The updated Strategic Plan builds on prior successes of the 2016-2020 QUERI Strategic Plan and incorporates feedback from 150+ health system leaders, research stakeholders, and providers to ensure alignment with VA and Veteran needs.
The 2021-2025 QUERI Strategic Plan focuses on five goals to advance Veteran care using evidence-based implementation, evaluation, dissemination, and sustainment strategies.
- Reduce unwanted clinical and service variation across VA.
- Build capacity to respond quickly to national and regional developments.
- Deepen and expand partnerships across programs, geographic regions, and service lines.
- Drive a culture of rapid learning in support of VA’s transformation to a High Reliability Organization and Learning Health System.
- Empower employees to move the needle on quality of care.
These five goals are informed by an evaluation of the overall QUERI program and a strategic analysis of Congressional and VA priorities, emerging trends in healthcare, and new developments in health services and implementation research.
Looking forward, the 2021-2025 QUERI Strategic Plan is a living document, serving as a roadmap to support VA’s evolution as a Learning Health System. Our goals are ambitious but serve to further accelerate VA’s adoption of high-reliability principles by infusing knowledge translation methods at all levels of the organization, ultimately improving care for Veterans through the consistent use of effective practices addressing their highest priority healthcare needs.