Center for Evaluation and Implementation Resources
The Center for Evaluation and Implementation Resources (CEIR) is a QUERI resource center designed to provide time-sensitive consultation and support to VA operational leaders on topics related to evaluation and implementation methods that enable scale up and spread of effective policies and clinical practices for Veteran care. VA faces constant pressures to modernize care practices, to be responsive to new legislative initiatives, and to adapt to meet the rapidly changing needs of Veterans. To address these national priorities, CEIR provides a centralized source of products and services to allow VA policymakers, managers, and clinical researchers to:
- Identify optimal implementation strategies to deploy evidence-based practices at a national level across multiple sites and settings
- Develop sustainable implementation strategies (or in some cases, to de-implement low-value care) for long-term change in provider behavior
- Link to a coordinated network of evaluation and implementation experts for support
CEIR was launched to in 2017 as part of an integrated QUERI effort to enable the rapid implementation of research evidence into routine clinical practice. CEIR serves as an addition to the list of available QUERI resource centers which provide support to VA researchers and operational personnel. Evidence-based Synthesis Program (ESP) works to identify the best practices for the adoption and spread to improve Veteran care based on available. QUERI’s Partnered Evidenced-based Policy Resource Center (PEPReC) offers rigorous program evaluation to systematically assess the clinical and economic impact of an innovation. In addition, the HSR&D/QUERI Health Economics Resource Center (HERC), provides guidance on cost estimates and budget impact analyses for implementation strategies, and the HSR&D VA Information Resource Center (VIREC) develops and disseminates reliability/validity information on national data resources that can be applied to deploy or evaluate implementation strategies.
CEIR’s efforts and activities are designed to support three goals:
- Offer ongoing continuing education and training in evaluation and implementation science theory, methods, and application,
- Provide a centralized location for sharing best practices and lessons learned in evaluation and implementation science through brief consultations with VA operations leaders, and
- Create linkages between operational leaders, front-line providers, and VA researchers to support collaborative efforts to address areas of VA care priority.
CEIR Director: Nicholas Bowersox, PhD, ABPP (contact at Nicholas.Bowersox@va.gov).
Evaluation and Implementation Specialist: David Goodrich, EdD, MA, MS (contact at David.Goodrich2@va.gov)
Implementation Resource Specialist: Christine Kowalski, MPH (contact at Christine.Kowalski@va.gov)
Evaluation Scientist: Jenefer Jedele, PhD, MSc (contact at Jenefer.Jedele@va.gov)
Facilitator: Peggy Bramlet, M.Ed (contact at Margretta.Bramlet@va.gov )
Program Manager: Veronica Williams, MPH
Program Administrator: Debbie Klein (contact at Debbie.Klein@va.gov)