Launched in Fall 2008, the Center for Implementation Practice and Research Support (CIPRS) is a Quality Enhancement Research Initiative (QUERI) resource center that facilitates improvement in the quality and performance of the VA healthcare delivery system by enhancing VA implementation practice and research.
CIPRS has two primary goals:
- To strengthen and expand VA's implementation research capacity, skills and performance
- To strengthen and support quality improvement and implementation of best practices by VA healthcare delivery programs and staff.
CIPRS pursues its goals through a portfolio of programs including:
- technical assistance and
- consultation services
- educational and training programs
- development of toolkits and accompanying guidance for implementation and evaluation efforts conducted by VA healthcare delivery programs, clinicians, and administrative staff and
- contributions to continued development of implementation science, theory and methods.